How to Change Registered Mobile Number On Signal App without Losing the Chat History?
- First of all, launch the Signal app on your device.
- Navigate to Profile > Settings > Account > Change phone number.
- Tap on the continue and you will land on a screen where you have to enter both your old and new phone numbers.
- Again tap on the continue or done button.
- Once you confirm your new phone number on the Signal app, select the change number option and proceed.
- Voila! Your registered phone number on the Signal account has been changed successfully!
Previously, this feature was not available on the Signal app, but in a recent update, Signal has introduced this feature so that its users can change their registered phone number without having to lose the chat history. You will also not lose your groups and signal profile.
On the other side, if someone creates a new Signal account with your old phone number, he/she will not be able to retrieve your chat history.
I hope you’ve understood how to change registered phone number on Signal app without losing the chat history. If you’ve any queries, kindly put them in the comment section below.