It’s proved that Reliance Jio is the fastest 4G network in India. But sometime, due to some settings related problem we get slow speed in Jio 4G network. Most of the time, it happens because of your wrong Jio APN settings for android phone. In this article, I will give you the real Jio internet settings for iPhone & android by which you can get top speed on your smartphone on Jio network. These settings will work on Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi Note 4, Lenovo, LYF, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6S and other android & iOS phones as well.
Jio APN Settings For Android And iPhone
You might be thinking, what the hell is this APN. Let me explain, the full form of APN is Access Point Name. Actually, this is a gateway between different mobile networks and computer network. APN is must to access internet in your phone. Every telecom operator has it’s own and unique access point names. So, to get good 4G speed, you must enter the correct access point for Jio.
Jio APN Settings For Android
These days a large number of android phones are getting slow speed on Jio 4G network. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Note 3, Redmi 3S Prime, Lenovo & Coolpad are some of the popular handsets which are receiving slow speed on Jio. If you are also getting slow speed on your phone, then you must configure the correct Jio APN settings for android devices in order to enjoy high speed 4G. Below, I have described the Jio APN settings step by step.
- Take your android smartphone and open Settings.
- Navigate to Mobile Networks > Network Mode > LTE/GSM/WCDMA.
- Now go to Access Point Name > select Jio 4G.
- Set APN to “jionet”. Keep Proxy, Port, Username and Password not set.
- Point Server to Not Set or to the Google homepage in Jio APN settings.
- Keep MMSC, Authentication type and MMS Proxy to not set.
- Do not change anything in MMC and MNC, it’s automatically set.
- The final Jio APN settings configuration is IPv6 on APN Protocol.
- That’s it. You have successfully set the Jio internet settings.
Below, I have created a table so that you can well understand the whole Jio APN settings for android phones.
|Jio APN Settings||Selection|
|Network Mode||"LTE/GSM/WCDMA" or "LTE Only"|
|Access Point Name||Jio 4G|
|Proxy, Port, Username, Password||Not Set|
|Server||"Not Set" or "www.google.com"|
|MMSC, Authentication Type, MMS Proxy||Not Set|
|MCC, MNC||Keep Unchanged|
|APN Protocol||"IPv6" or "IPv4/IPv6"|
Configure your network settings according to this table and you’ll get blazing speed with your phone in Jio 4G network.
- Jio APN Settings For Redmi Note 3 : Same Settings As Above
- Jio APN Settings For Lenovo : Same Settings As Above
- Jio APN Settings For Coolpad Note 3 Lite : Same Here
- Jio Settings For iPhone 6S, 5 & 5S : I’ve described below.
Jio APN Settings For iPhone 5S & iPhone 6S
- First of all, connect your iPhone to an working WiFi network.
- Open the Safari browser and visit this website.
- Scroll down and you’ll see Create APN option, tap on it.
- Choose Reliance/Jio from the drop down list.
- Tap on the Create APN button and a new page will open.
- Click on the install option there and that’s it.
- You’ve successfully configured Jio APN Settings For iPhone 5S or 6S.
How To Get Jio Internet Settings Via SMS ?
It’s not possible to get Jio internet settings via SMS. There are no such options available to get the Jio APN settings from company. My be in future, Jio will start providing this type of service. But I’m not sure if that is possible. You must follow the steps I’ve described above. Or you can try restarting your phone and turn on the data connection again to look for good internet speed on Jio.