Now Aadhaar card is very important for every residents of India. Because, Indian Government is making it essential or compulsory for every type of official works. You can use it as your ID proof. But do you know about mAadhaar app which let’s you carry your ID proof digitally? Yes! Indian Railway recently permitted mAadhaar app as the ID proof of travelers. So, let’s know the mAadhaar app download process and how to use mAadhaar app as ID proof during rail journey.
mAadhaar App Download Details
|Requires Android||5.0 and up|
|App Size||10.80 MB|
|Installs||1,000,000 – 5,000,000|
|Updated||22 July 2017|
|Offered By||Unique Identification Authority of India|
mAadhaar is a mobile app which is available for both Android and iOS users. The app was launched by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in late July this year. The app let’s you carry your Aadhaar card number and details digitally using this app. That means, if you have this app, you don’t need to show your physical Aadhaar card. This app also let’s you lock your bio-metric data so that nobody can use it for any purpose.
mAadhaar app download link is available for Android users on Google Play Store here. And if you are using iPhone, then get the mAadhaar app download link some times later (not released yet). Just download the app and install it on your device, then follow the steps given below to use it.
How To Use mAadhaar App As ID Proof On Indian Railways?
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, open it.
- Just after opening it will ask you to set a password.
- Remember the password, you need it every time you use this app.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar card number.
- You can also use the bar code scanner of the mAadhaar app to scan the bar code given in your Aadhaar card.
- Now make sure that you are using the same sim card in your device which is linked with your Aadhaar card.
- An OTP will be sent to your number and it will be automatically entered in the app.
- Finally, now you can see your Aadhaar card details on the app.
Now if you travel on Indian Railways in reserved class, then you need to show your ID proof. There you can use this mAadhaar app. Just open the app, enter the password and show this app with your Aadhaar details to the checker. You don’t need to carry your physical card.
As of now, the mAadhaar app is in it’s beta version. UIDAI is developing some other features which will be added in this app in it’s future versions. iOS users just have to wait for some days to get it available on official iOS store.
Hope you liked this article on mAadhaar app download and how to use it. Make sure to share this article with your friends who need to know this. Subscribe to our blog to get future updates from us for free in your email.