Couple of months ago, Department Of Telecom (DOT) made it compulsory to verify or link Aadhaar card with mobile number for all users. The last date is 6th February 2018. After that all the mobile numbers which are not re-verified yet, will be closed. Many of the users has already done it by visiting their nearest retail stores. But for the rest, a new process has been introduced. They can link Aadhaar with mobile number using OTP, app or IVRS.
Linking Aadhaar with mobile number via one time password is very easy and safe. The another way is by Interactive Voice Response Facility which is also known as IVRS. In both of this process, users don’t need to visit anywhere. They can simply link their Aadhaar with mobile number for re-verification sitting at home.
This process will start from 1st Dec 2017. After this date, you can follow the steps given below to link your Aadhaar with mobile using OTP or SMS method.
- Take your phone.
- Call to 198 and ask for your UID recipient number.
- Once you get it, type your Aadhaar number and sent it to the number you got.
- An OTP will be sent to your number associated with Aadhaar.
- Now, send it to the operator and that’s it.
- Your Aadhaar is now successfully linked with your mobile number.
As of now, the process hasn’t been started yet. So, we don’t have enough information on the same. But below are some expected steps which should be followed to link Aadhaar with mobile number via IVRS.
- Dial the number (coming soon) of IVRS.
- Select your preferred language.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Further instructions will be given you on phone call.
As a large number of people haven’t done the verification yet, Indian Government is thinking to launch a mobile app and website where users can link Aadhaar with mobile number online using App or Website. Once it get launched, we will update this article. So, stay tuned.