Indian Government has made it mandatory for all PAN (Permanent Account Number) card holder to link their Aadhaar with PAN card from 1st July 2017. From now, every PAN card holder needs to send their 12 digit Aadhaar card number to the director of IT or DGIT. So, many of the PAN card holders wants to know, how they can link Aadhaar card to PAN card online. For them, I want to say that, IT department has launched the e-facility for people by which users can easily link Aadhaar card to PAN card online.
Though the e-facility is very easy for people to use. But, as India is a developing country, there are lack of good internet connectivity on rural areas of India. But we can now see a mobile phone (feature phone or smartphone) on hand of everybody. So, there is also a process how you can link Aadhaar card to PAN card by sending an SMS fro your phone.
To link your Aadhaar card with PAN card, you can use the E Filling PAN card process easily. Below, I have mentioned all the steps how you can link PAN with Aadhar card.
- First of all, visit IT e-filling website here.
- Now, hit the “Link Aadhaar” button from left side.
- Simply enter your PAN card number and Aadhaar card number.
- Then, enter the Captcha code to prove that you are not a robot.
- Again, tap on the “Link Aadhaar” button here.
- For most cases, here is the end of the process.
- But in some cases, they may send you an OTP to your mobile number.
- Just enter the OTP on the website from the SMS and Save it.
Alternative Process Of E Filling PAN Card
There is also an another way to complete the e filling PAN card process if you want to link Aadhaar card to PAN card online. But to link using this process, you must be previously registered on the e-filling portal. Below you can see the alternative way for e filling PAN card.
- At first, make sure you are registered to the e-filling portal.
- If you are not registered, you can also register yourself on the portal by providing your details there.
- Then, click on “Login Here” yellow button.
- Enter your User ID, Password, verify Capcha code and login.
- After that, hit on the “Profile Settings” > “Link Aadhaar“.
- Here, you need to enter the Aadhaar card number.
- Finally, save the settings and you are done!
- Your Aadhaar card and PAN card are now linked with each other.
In case of many people, the details on their Aadhaar card and PAN card didn’t match with each other. Then you will be unable to link Aadhaar card to PAN card online with this process. If it happens with you also, just upload a scanned copy of your PAN card to the e-filling portal. If still the problem remains, go for the first process or you can also follow the third method which I am going to describe below.
This is the easiest way to link Aadhaar card and PAN card sitting at your home. You don’t need any internet connection to do this. Even you can do it with a feature phone. Having a computer or smartphone is mandatory to link Aadhaar card to PAN card online only. But the SMS process needs only a basic feature phone. Below, you can see how to do it.
- Take your phone and open messaging option.
- Type “UIDPAN<Space><12 Digit Aadhaar No><Space><PAN No>“.
- Send it to either 567678 or 56161.
- In most cases, this is the end of linking process by SMS.
- But if your name on cards are slightly different from each other:
- You’ll receive an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Just confirm it and your Aadhaar and PAN card will be linked.
Excepting slight differences of your name in both records, if your other details are also different from each other, then you have to correct it first in order to link Aadhaar card to PAN card online or by SMS. If you have mistakes in your Aadhaar card or PAN card, simply visit the UIDAI website and NSDL portal respectively to correct the records.
Read Also : How To Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number?
Hope you have understood how to link Aadhaar card to PAN card online or by SMS. If you still have any query regarding the linking process, just leave your comment below. I will get back to you soon. And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more tutorials.