Hotstar is a leading platform to see live tv shows over the internet. This amazing streaming app is published by Novi Digital and now used by over 10 Crore users. You can enjoy live cricket shows, tv channels, movies, etc on your phone. By default, it supports some channels which are free. But to see premium channels and movies, you have to take a subscription by paying money. A lot of people are using it and everybody wants to know how to save Hotstar video to phone memory and where will be the videos downloaded from Hotstar saved? Just read this article till the end and you’ll get the answer.
Hotstar also let’s you enjoy regional channels like Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, etc. If you want, you can also enjoy English tv shows like Game of Thrones, Sex and the city, Modern Family and many more. Some of the popular Hindi tv serials like Ishqbaaaz, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Savdhaan India, etc are also broadcasted on Hotstar. You just need a high speed internet connection to enjoy the buffer-free streaming of your favorite tv shows or movies.
How To Save Hotstar Video To Phone Memory Easily?
The downloading part is very easy and a lot of people also knows how to do that. You just have to download the Hotstar app and then follow the simple steps to save Hotstar video to phone memory. But keep in mind that, you can download free contents (which can be see without any paid subscription) only. You can’t download premium contents which you can enjoy after paying for the subscription.
- First of all, download Hotstar Apk from this link.
- Now, sign in to your account or sign in with social networks.
- You should have a fast internet speed to download quickly without any hassle.
- Then find your desired shows/movies and go to it’s page.
- You’ll see a download option. Click on that.
- That’s it. Your desired Hotstar video has been saved to phone memory.
Where Will Be The Videos Downloaded From Hotstar Saved?
Now. it’s the complex part. By default, you can’t see these downloaded Hotstar videos without Hotstar. So, you are also unable to share it with your friends and watch it using any video player. Here, Hotstar saves your video in a folder of your storage. But the video is saved with a special file format instead of standard format which can be played using any video player. The special file formatted video file is playable only using the Hotstar app. So, to enjoy that video using any video player offline or to share that video with your friends, you need to know how to convert Hotstar video to mp4. Before we convert it, we need to find the video file from our phone storage.
Hotstar App Video Download Location
We have already downloaded the video in our phone memory. Now it’s time to find the video file and convert it to mp4 format so that it can be played using any video player and can be shared with others. The video file has been saved on this path – Android > Data > in.star.hotstar > downloads. Here you can find the videos which you have downloaded using the Hotstar app. The file name will be in numbers.
How To Convert Hotstar Video To Mp4?
- Firstly, download ES File Explorer from this link.
- Then, install and open the app in your phone.
- From the explorer, navigate to Android > Data > in.star.hotstar > Downloads.
- Here you can find all the downloaded videos from Hotstar.
- Just tap and hold the file > Rename > delete everything after the first dot in the name and type “mp4” after the full stop.
- Now the file name will look like “example.mp4”.
- You can move it to another fresh folder to easily access it.
- That’s it. You can play this mp4 video file using any player.
You can also share it with others. The video will automatically appear in your video gallery. So, you can also play it from there.
Hope this article was helpful for you and now you can download videos from Hotstar app easily and you have found the answer of how to save Hotstar video to phone memory. Now enjoy your downloaded videos and share this article with others.